Appalachian Research in Business Symposium
Hosted by Eastern Kentucky University's School of Business
March 31 to April 1, 2016
***REGISTER HERE (REGISTRATION CLOSED)***
Online Registration - CLOSED
- Thursday, March 31st - Reception at Gillum's Sports Lounge in Richmond, Ky., from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. (dinner on your own)
- Friday, April 1st - ARBS at EKU's Business and Technology Center on the Richmond Campus from 7:30 am to 3:00 p.m.
- Tentative Schedule of Events (printable PDF)
- Cost - $70 per person
- Register here (REGISTRATION CLOSED):
The purpose of the Appalachian Research in Business Symposium is to provide an opportunity for the business faculty of universities in the Appalachian region to share current research interests and outcomes.
Research will be presented in the business areas of Accounting, Business Education, Computer Information Systems, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Hospitality and Tourism, Management, and Marketing. Research in the developmental stage as well as investigations nearing completion are invited. There will be an opportunity for audience feed-back and discussion.
CALL FOR PAPERS
You are invited to submit your research to the 2016 Appalachian Research in Business Symposium to be held from March 31 to April 1, 2016 at the Eastern Kentucky University campus. Participants will find opportunities for presenting new research, discovering contemporary ideas, and building new connections. A welcome reception will be arranged on March 31, and the paper presentations will be held on April 1.
Submissions are encouraged from scholars who use different theoretical and empirical approaches to deliver the latest research results in different business fields. Download these PDF files for complete submission details:
- ARBS 2016: Call for Papers
- ARBS 2016: Structured Abstract Template
- ARBS 2016: Research Proposal Template
- Proposal or structured abstract submission deadline: extended from 1/22/16 TO Fri., Feb. 5th!
- Author notification of accepted presentations: February 12, 2016
Download a PDF version of the Symposium Program HERE.
Download a PDF Presentation Summary by Track HERE.
Our conference hotel will be the Quality Inn in Richmond, Ky., a short 5-minute drive from EKU’s symposium venue. Special ARBS Symposium rates are available through March 17th by calling 859-623-0063. Please say that you are with the “ARBS Conference” and will be checking in March 31st to receive the discount rate of $68+tax per night. This special group rate will be available until March 17th after which the rate will be $95+tax. (NOTE: 45 rooms have been blocked for ARBS - 25 king and 20 doubles - first come, first served!)
WHAT TO DO IN RICHMOND, KY
Dr. Weiling Zhuang, email@example.com