EAW 2019 Guiding Principles
Participants: Students, faculty, and staff
What: Leading members of the community will share their wisdom and interpretation one of the EAW pillars: honesty, integrity, respect, responsibility. Access information on the community leaders by clicking on their names below.
Where: Blackboard in two sites - EAW 2019 Faculty and EAW 2019 Student.
- During the 4 weeks preceding the EAW, a different writing will be sent out to all students who are in classes enrolled in the BB site – EAW 2019 Students.
- All 4 writings will be posted on 2019 EAW Faculty by no later than September 1, 2019.
Integrity means you can be trusted. It has been said that integrity is doing the right thing even if nobody is watching.*
Respect: a positive feeling or action shown towards someone or something considered important or held in high esteem or regard; conveys a sense of admiration for valuable qualities.
Respect is the basis for civility, for politeness, and for consideration toward others.*
Responsibility: the quality or state of being responsible; moral, legal, or mental accountability; dependability; something for which one is responsible; acting for the benefit of society.
Responsibility is important for the simple fact that is makes us active participants in our actions, both to ourselves and to the community at large.*
- MBA Certificate 2. Technical Skills of Financial and People Management.
- Certificate 2: D. Apply organizational behavior principles related to organizational culture, group dynamics, social management, motivation, and negotiation.
- EKU Strategic Direction 1.1: Emphasize and improve critical and creative thinking and effective communication on the part of students
- EKU Strategic Direction 1.4: Demonstrate faculty excellence in teaching and scholarship, staff excellence in support of academics and student services, and student excellence in academic achievement.
- School of Business Learning Goal 4. Think and act as good corporate citizens.
-Learning Objective 4.a: Make ethically sound decisions.