General Business - Business and Marketing Education/Teaching Concentration
Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of those around you? Do you enjoy motivating others to succeed? Are you challenged to dedicate your life in service to those who may need a guiding hand? Do you believe that opportunities exist for worth while careers in business if young people have the skills to compete for the jobs? If you respond positively to these questions, you might have discovered that your niche can be found in teaching business and marketing courses! The salary range is $42,000 - $81,500 depending on the location.
Reasons to Choose Business Marketing and Education
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Business and Marketing Education provides you with certification to teach comprehensive business courses in grades 5 through 12. The job outlook for teaching careers in middle and secondary schools is very good. Currently, many teachers are reaching retirement age, and school systems are actively seeking qualified business education teachers. Many students also pursue graduate study or field experience that may qualify them to teach in federally supported vocational business education programs and community college programs.
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or appropraches to problems.
- Learning Strategies - Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision making.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
Other Information (adapted from IBEA.org)
- Business & Marketing Education Teacher
- Business Teacher
- Accounting Teacher
- Business Education Teacher