Welcome to Eastern Kentucky University Global Supply Chain Management!
“Supply Chain Management is the sequencing of activities and organizations—both internally and externally—from order acceptance to order fulfillment”
-Supply Chain Simplified (Kendall-Hunt Publishing)
Eastern Kentucky University’s Global Supply Chain Management program was launched in 2014—the first undergraduate supply chain program amongst the eight (8) state public universities—and is now one of the fastest growing programs in the entire university and a strategic growth area for the College of Business. Our Global Supply Chain program has an Advisory Board comprised of senior executives of elite companies across the region—Carhartt, Valvoline, Alltech, Clark Equipment, Hyster-Yale, and many other distinguished companies—who serve as ambassadors and advocates of our program. The average starting salary for Global Supply Chain Management graduates is amongst the highest of all EKU majors, and many students have multiple job offers upon graduating. We’ve had over 150 internships since program inception, enabling students to gain meaningful real-world work experience while networking. Major employers include Bechtel, Alltech, Carhartt, Clark Equipment, Hitachi, Valvoline, Magna International, Lockheed-Martin, Hyster-Yale, Northrop-Grumman, Burger King Corp., Big Ass Solutions, Lectrodryer, BlueStar, Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Wal-Mart Corp., Petro-Towery, Neogen, Lexus Group, and many others.
Recent Global Supply Chain Management graduates now working fulltime at Clark Equipment (Lexington, KY)
Dr. James Kirby Easterling
Program Director/Assistant Professor/Executive-in-Residence
To learn more about Dr. Easterling. click here.
What makes EKU's Supply Chain Program 'unique' . . .
1. Comprehensive supply chain program (i.e., not focused exclusively on Logistics but rather the entire SCOR model)
2. Essential SCM content, plus heavy focus on interpersonal skills (being proactive, character & integrity, etc.) & professional skills (public speaking effective written communication, critical thinking, meeting deadlines, getting to class on time, keeping commitments, etc.) which employers love
3. Close personal relationships between students & faculty (during & after college)
4. Active engagement with industry (internships, guest speakers, field trips, etc.)
- Supply Chain Executive Speaker Series & Business Analytics Symposium
5. Very flexible schedule for Juniors & Seniors (high likelihood of internships)
- No Friday classes in the College of Business
6. Program gives back to the community (ex. Salvation Army & God's Pantry Food Bank) . . . fostering servant-leaders
Global Supply Chain Management students volunteering with Salvation Army (Winter 2021)
Comprehensive SCM program based on the SCOR (Supply Chain Operating Reference) Model. Major courses listed below:
· Supply Chain Planning (MGT375)
· Strategic Procurement (MKT431)
· Logistics (MKT315)
· Operations Management (BUS306)
· Supply Chain Network Design (MGT435)
· Marketing Research & Analytics (MKT455)
· International Business (GBU201)
· Project Management (CIS410)
· Human Resource Management (MGT320/MGT core)
· Organizational Theory (MGT400/MGT core)
· Organizational Behavior (MGT480/MGT core)
Eastern Kentucky University’s Global Supply Chain Management program develops future industry leaders